Departmental Profile 2017-18
Department of English
In the academic year 2017-18, thirteen students enrolled for the special English course. The Department of English arranged various curricular and extra-curricular programmes. They are as follows:
- Wall Paper Publication: By the auspicious hands of the Vice Principals, Dr. A. A. Pujari and Dr. N.L. Kadam.
- Theme: Teacher Day. Published on 7th September, 2017.
- Theme: Miscellaneous. Published on 4th January, 2016.
- UGC sponsored career Oriented Course: “Communication Skills in English” is continued during the year, in which fifteen students are enrolled.
- Handwriting Competition, Reading competition and Poetry Recitation Competition were conducted to enhance reading and writing skills of the students.
- Celebrated the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand and William Shakespeare by observing ‘Reading Week’.
- Film Screening: The Tempest, Lord of the Flies, Disgrace. All the five short-stories of various writers were played during the year.
- A short film ‘Jipsy’, based on the life and works of the IFS officer Hon. Dyaneshwar Muley was screened for all the last year students on behalf of Shri Rawalnath Co. Operative Housing Society, Ltd. Ajara. (Multi-State)
- Other Activities: Seminars, Quiz, Recitation, Mock teaching Open Book Tests, Assignments, Project Writing, etc. are carried out successfully.
- Open book tests and unit tests were conducted time to time throughout the year.
- Encouraged the students of all faculties for creative writing. Some of the students are writing with good sprit.
Dr. S. S. Shelake, the Head of the Department has participated in two national and two international seminars at various places. She presided over the first plenary session in a One Day National conference on Higher Education at Athani and also presented her research paper in all the seminars. She has published her two research papers in reputed Research Journals and has participated in many National and International Seminars.
She has set papers of Special English Poetry and Drama papers and has prepared the SIM of the new syllabus of M.A. Part I. She has delivered many guest lectures and has worked as a Resource Person in Various colleges.
Miss. S. T. Koli (CHB Lecturer) from the department has been awarded M. Phil. Degree in Treatment of Indian History in John Masters’ Bhowani Junction by Shivaji University, Kolhapur on 28th August 2017. She has also attended the One Day Workshop on Development of Soft Skills- Communication, Leadership and Presentation under Lead College Activity with ten students at N. S. Soti Law College, Sangli on 22nd Jan. 2018.
Mr. Kiran S. Patil (CHB Lecturer) from the department worked as a resource person for One Day Workshop on UGC-Net-Set Examination, sponsered by Willingdon College, Sangli.
Mr. Amar D. Shinde (CHB Lecturer) form the department sought admission for Ph.D. in the Shivaji University, Kolhapur. He has also attended One Day Workshop on ICT Enabled Automation for Higher Education Institutions at Vivekanand College, Kolhapur.
Mr. K. H. Nikam, Mr. K. S. Patil, Miss S. T. Koli and Mr. A.D.Shinde co-operated in carrying out the activities of the department successfully. Principal Dr. B. M. Rathor remained the source of constant support to us.